We Make Storage Easy!
Self-storage can be used for many purposes:
- As an extension of your home; a place to store seldom used items
- To store seasonal items such as decorations or sports equipment
- As a business storage solution to de-clutter your office
- To free up garage space so you can actually park your car in it again
- and many more!
How do I know what size I need?
Create a list of the items that you are going to be storing. Choosing the right size unit will ensure that you only pay for the storage you need. Figuring out how much storage space you need can be tricky, especially if you do not have a self storage game plan. By understand the basic storage unit sizes, unit capacity, and recommended items for storage – you will be well on your way to efficient and effective self storage of your own.
5 x 5: A 5 x 5 storage unit can handle the contents of a small closet. They’re great for a few boxes and a piece or two of furniture, like a desk and a chair. These are popular among college students.
5 x 10: Storage of this particular size is popular among those who live in one bedroom or studio apartments, as it will typically handle the content of such a living space. Unlike a 5 x 5, you should be able to fit a couch or bed set into a 5 x 10, provided your couch or bed set are not extra large.
10 x 10: This middlemost standard size of storage is also the most common and popular. These units are about the size of a large bedroom and can handle the contents of a typical two-bedroom apartment.
10 x 15: This is where we get into heavy-duty storage needs. A 10 x 15 should be able to handle the contents of an entire one-bedroom house, and can even be used to store small cars and boats.
10 x 20: Likely to be used by families who need to store the entire contents of their home, 10 x 20 storage units are capable of storing the contents of a four bedroom house. You should even be able to fit some midsize to large vehicles in here, like trucks, trailers and boats.
10 x 30: Though this may not exactly be common enough to call a standard size, we’ll still mention this behemoth, which should be able to handle the storage needs of any family or business.
Storing and packing just got easier! Here are a few helpful storage tips…
- Don’t forget to use valuable space inside drawers and larger appliances, such as stoves and refrigerators, to store small items:towels, linens, toys, etc.
- Break down large items such as bed frames, tables, and large furniture, and don’t forget to keep all parts (screws and smaller items) together by taping them to the item.
- Wrap furniture legs with protective bubble wrap, furniture covers or pads to prevent scratching.
- Label boxes on all sides for easy identification.
- Make sure fragile boxes are placed on top of heavier, less delicate boxes. Be sure not to over pack boxes as they can get heavy and dangerous.
- Place frequently accessed items towards the front of your unit. Less frequently needed items should be placed toward the rear of your unit.
- Boxes that are tightly sealed with packing tape will prevent dust from entering.
- Use furniture covers or moving pads to keep items off the floor of the unit.
- When storing business files, leave a walkway down the center of your unit to make accessing items easier.
- Do not store anything flammable (such as paint or other chemicals) or perishable.
- Drain any fluids prior to storing snow blowers, lawnmowers, and other equipment; Do not store hazardous or combustible materials.
- Purchase a secure, high quality lock. One of the most highly recommended is the disk lock, which is available at your rental office.
What People Are Saying
We help customers make better choices, here are a few happy customers
Search4Storage was very useful for finding nearby storage facilities with a breakdown in prices for each location. I will definitely use this site again in the future.
I was a little skeptical, but the website was quick and accurate. When I arrived to sign the lease, it was already filled out and ready to go. Quick and easy.
They were professional, helpful, quick and kind. And a good bargain! The best combo!
We Can Make Things Easier
We can not only help send tenants your way but also help streamline your entire operation so that they stay there and tell everyone they know. We can offer easy to implement and automated systems and processes to help you manage your facility and even process payments. Say goodbye to the days of shuffling papers and digging through tomes to figure out which units are available.
Buy, Sell, and Increase Value
Buy and Sell Storage Facilities with our large network of partner facilities we can either put you in contact with someone that is looking to buy or help you find the perfect facility to add to your collection. Not only can we help you buy or sell but we can also help you increase the value of your facilities by automating the systems and processes. Contact Us today to find out how we can take your facility to the next level.